musings of a simian

words and stuff

Name:
Location: Newport, Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday Morning

"What's that wierd buzzing sound" Johnny stood next to my bed in the darkness. His bedside visits were fairly common.
" I don't hear anything. Go back to bed" I didn't let myself wake up but I could see him turn and slip through the doorway.
" I think I saw a star moving" I awoke again to the 10 year olds presence next to me. His face barely higher than the edge of my oversized bed.
"Hun?"
"Did you see a UFO?" Karen"s voice came from the other side of the bed.
"He didn't see a UFO."
"Why don't you go cuddle him."
I rolled out of bed and followed the shadow of my son into his bed room and slipped into bed with him.
"There's a buzzing sound that comes and goes."
"I can't hear it but it is probably just a fog horn. Go to sleep"
----
The jingle of the collar tags and the familiar weight of little feet pressing on the covers preceded the flash of wet on my face from Lexi the newest addtion to the family pet collection. the sun was now streaming through the window and I could see Johnny sleeping next to me. Lexi curled up around my head and poked her nose at my face. Ruby was close behind standing on her back legs at to the edge of the bed and clawing at the edge of the covers in a futile attempt to lift herself up. "Damn these dogs". It was only 6:00. I guess I can get up. I wanted to go for a run anyways.

With the appearance of the cat, the energy level went up another notch. Lexi lept from the bed and chased the overweight calico down the stairs. Ruby was close behind, her claws craping on the wood floors. The four of us were quickly down the stairs. I was at the end of the frenzied parade of domestic creatures, right through the kitchen and to the back door. Our to pee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home