musings of a simian

words and stuff

Name:
Location: Newport, Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, July 02, 2006

conversation with my mother

"I was thinking about you. Do you remember the dog Bo from Newman lake? He was that big black lab." my mother began.

"I remember he bit me once." I replied, but actually I don't remember being bitten but I remember the story of being bitten. I as running around with a hot dog hanging out of my mouth. I was probably about 4 or so. And the story goes that Bo lunged at my face to get the hot dog. His snout went into my mouth and he then bit down on my lower jaw to get the bit of food. I really don't know if it is true but it sounds like something a dog would do so i always beleived it.

"I was thinking about one time at the farm when you were about 3, you were walking around with Bo. Everytime Bo did something you would put your arm on his shoulder--you were just about that tall--and you would say 'good dog...good dog' and you would pat him. Bo thought it was a funny game. He would just smile. You liked to pretend you were in charge and Bo was in on the joke."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home